Ahad, 3 April 2011

N.65 Senadin


Vs 

Dr Teo Yu Kheng  VS  Datuk Lee Kim Shin


PKR Miri chief Dr Teo Yu Kheng yesterday confirmed that he would be contesting in Senadin in the coming state election against his ‘friend’ and incumbent Datuk Lee Kim Shin.

“I will contest in Senadin against my ‘friend’ (Datuk) Lee. He is my friend and I don’t want to say that he is my enemy,” he told reporters here yesterday.

When asked why he chose to stand in Senadin, Dr Teo said the decision was made by the party’s central committee.

“I am just following orders. I am assigned to stand in Senadin…so I will stand there.

“There are various issues which we will highlight, not only in Senadin but in Miri as whole. There are so many problems which the people are facing and we want their voices to be heard.”

He added that after his name was announced on Thursday as the candidate for Senadin, he started going to the ground to meet the people. Dr Teo lamented that campaigning would not be an easy task for the Opposition as some media firms would only be publishing limited news from the Opposition camp.

“We have to work very hard. We cannot rely on the media. It will be very hard for us but we will do our best,” he said, adding that this would be his third time contesting.

He first contested in Senadin in the last state election in 2006. He tried his luck again in Sibuti during the general election in 2008 but lost to Ahmad Lai Bujang of the Barisan Nasional.

“In the last election, I received 30 per cent of the votes. I cannot predict the number of votes I will be getting this time around.”