Rabu, 27 Ogos 2008

Diane Clements, Director of the Library & Museum of Freemasonry, London

Freemasonry is alive and well in the 21st century as people seek sanctuary from the tribulations of everyday life. Steeped in history and surrounded by myth, the highly secretive society dates back to the Knights Templar, claims 5 million members worldwide. A lot of people are finding in the 21st century that organised religion is not answering their needs and for some people Freemasonry is the answer. This is basically an 18th century organisation operating in the 21st century but membership is healthy and stable. Modern Freemasonry with its plethora of arcane symbols and secret rituals dates its origins back to 1717.

John Coles<john.coles@thermo.com>

Hi Kayes Freemasonry would be the answer in solving all the world's problems. Lionel apparently passed away about 15 years ago. His family lived in Butterworth. I have got some early '70s 'photos of Penang somewhere. I will try and fish them out. I used to like all the different celebrations there especially Thaipusam. Sarah West was her maiden name. She is probably married by now. She used to have blonde hair. I also see that you collect watches. I do too. I also collect Japanese WW11 militaria. I don't ever remember seeing much of it when I lived in the Far East. John

Nabo Ishie<snabolshie@yahoo.com>

Hi Kayes, I find that it is very hard to find people in Malaysia that have same interest and passion especially in esotericism as I do. People might mistaken us as atheist but in fact, what we are not atheists but those humble ones who wanted to explore deep in the knowledge and intricate workings of the Nature Currently i reading something about Opus Dei, P2 Lodge in Italy and its connection with Italian right-wing parties (Avanguardia Nazionale) the scandal involving Vatican during the 80s when the God's banker, Roberto Calvi was found dead. Regards Max

Stuart Thorpe>

That's really interesting. I haven't heard of W.Bro Bevan My Masoniccareer is shorter than yours! I joined Forest of Arden Lodge No 3826 in 1993, and was Installed in 2000. in April 2003 I joined St Paul's Lodge No 43, and was Installed in January this year. On Monday we elect our WM for next year, and all the indications are that it will be me! I'm also in Royal Arch and Mark. I design websites for several Lodges, and run a Masonic website hosting company.

kayes<kayes@pc.jaring.my>

Did you see the movie "National Treasure" starring Nicholas Cage? A highly successful motion picture and yet another one that uses Freemasonry as the selling theme. Well, everyone loves secret signs and buried treasures! However, Freemasonry is again wrongly portrayed in the film even though some aspects of Masonry were correctly stated. The mistaken beliefs perpetuated are that Freemasons are heirs to the Knights Templars and emblems that are alleged to be Masonic symbols are hidden in US currency notes. It also shows that the Square & Compasses are drawn at the back of the Declaration of Independence. The film was thoroughly fiction but nevertheless, I enjoyed it as an adventure movie.

eXTReMe Tracker